First of all, you should install the package git-core, provided in the update repository.
You can get the package by using a 1-click link or typing in a terminal:
su -c 'zypper in git-core'
After Zypper ends installing git, we can start preparing the environment:
- Create the repository folder.
- Enter that folder by typing
- Init the empty git repo
git --bare init
- Add some files to the folder, and add them to the repository
git add *
- Lets do the first commit!
git commit -m 'First Repo commit'
- If you want to get some project source, you should enter
git clone url_to_git_repo
And you have your repository working (locally).
Next step: connect it to the world! (in a future post 😉 )
Have a lot of fun!